Upon our assessment various defects, damages & faulty repair methods where noticed over the full roof span. Should these defects, damages & faulty repair methods not be attended to, further damages may occur.
Tests are carried out with the following equipment in order to determine the source of damages:
- Moist Meter MM-360
- Metal & Current Detectors
- Remote endoscope camera
- Thermal imaging camera
- Surveillance drone, etc.
- Strip and dispose all existing faulty or weathered waterproofing
- Pressure wash the specific roof area at + – 200 bar with powerful degreaser to remove all the chalkiness, debris, moss, flaking and blistering coatings, impurities, etc
- Treat rusted areas with YY 99 corrosion control system and hydro wash to neutralize the infected rust penetration
- Seal treated areas with 1 coat Rust Etch Primer in order to prevent spreading of the virus.
- Pressure testing to all the fixation lines, re-torque or replace problematic fixations over full roof span with Tapperman Class 3, 65 mm roof screws
- Cap fixations and damaged ribs with 5-layer seamless Mi-Paint premium liquid rubber waterproofing system where necessary.
- Caulk head / side / parapet walls, lower slope and chimneys with latex based cement mixture as backing to accept waterproofing
- Open sheeting at eave to expose tilting batten
- Strip existing faulty / weathered waterproofing and gutter systems where necessary.
Mpumalanga Roof and Coatings issues a warranty certificate based on an annual service inspection. Please follow us on